Effective Date September 21, 2015
- Children. Our Site, Software, and Services are not geared towards children under 13. Our Services may be used by children under the age of 13 only if they are registered by a parent or guardian.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us. If you contact us via email, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other data included in the e-mail. If you register and use the Software, we will collect your name and all other data provided as part of the registration process. We also collect any information uploaded or otherwise input by you while using the Software and Services, including, but not limited to, information related to medications you are taking and other health-related information about you.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. Website owners can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve their website and how people find it. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/privacy.html and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html.
- We do not currently share any personal information of our Users with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If our practices changes we will notify you as required by applicable law.
- Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. We use your Personal Data to:
- identify you as a user in our system;
- conduct research
- improve our Site, Software and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- send you administrative e-mail or other notifications;<li>
- respond to your inquiries; and
- send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to Proteus products and services, including, but not limited to, the Site, Software and Services (“Promotional Emails“).
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve the performance of the Software and the Site. Proteus reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Aggregated Data. We use aggregated Personal Data and other data to conduct research and for other purposes.
- General Use. We use your Personal Data to:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers: to provide you with the Site, Software and Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Proteus. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Proteus.
- Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Proteus may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary
- in connection with any legal investigation;
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, court orders, warrants, or similar documents issued by a court having jurisdiction and served on Proteus;
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Proteus or users of the Services; and/or
- Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data.
- Access to Personal Data. If you wish to have access to the Personal Data that we have concerning you, or to have incorrect information updated please email us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Retention and Deletion of Personal Data. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active to provide your Services. You may request that we delete your Personal Data, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it under applicable law (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our rights, or similar purposes. Following any deletion request, we may retain data related to your account in aggregate form in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
- Security of Your Personal Data. Proteus is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Proteus uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Proteus cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you wish to contact us by postal mail, please use the following mailing addresses, as appropriate:
In the United States:
Proteus Digital Health, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Department
2600 Bridge Parkway, Suite 101
Redwood City, CA 94065